Ever since macrame became popular again a few years ago, people have been looking for new and innovative ways to use this knotting technique. One of the most popular applications has been making keychains! Not only are they a fun way to personalize your keys, but they also make great gifts. In this article, we’ll show you how to make your own macrame keychain in just a few simple steps.
What will you need to make macrame keychains?
Making a Macrame Keychain is a great way to add a personal touch to your keys! You can make them as simple or as elaborate as you like, and they make wonderful gifts for friends and family.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Macrame cord
- A key ring
Start by measuring out the length of the macrame cord. You’ll need about twice the length of your desired keychain, plus a few extra inches to knot at the end.
Cut the cord with scissors, and then tie a knot about an inch from the end.
Next, take the key ring and thread it through the loop you just created. Make sure the key ring is secure, and then begin creating your macrame pattern.
There are many different patterns you can use, so be creative!Once you’re satisfied with your pattern, knot the end of the cord to secure it in place.
Trim any excess cord, and your macrame keychain is complete!
How to make macrame keychains with beads and tassels
Making keychains with beads and tassels is a fun and easy way to add some personality to your keys! Here’s how to make your own:
- Gather your materials. You’ll need some beads, tassels, key rings, and jump rings.
- String the beads onto the key ring, using as many or as few as you like.
- Attach the tassel to the top of the keychain, using a jump ring.
- That’s it! Your new keychain is now ready to use.
How to make the macrame folded braid keychain
Making a folded braid keychain is a great way to add a unique and personal touch to your keys. This project is simple enough for beginners, and only requires a few supplies. With a little time and effort, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind keychain that’s sure to impress. Consider the BAIQUE keychain when shopping next time.
- Cut three lengths of embroidery floss, each about 2 feet long. Tape the ends of the floss together so they don’t fray.
- Fold the floss in half, and tie a knot about 6 inches from the end.
- Separate the strands of floss so you have six equal pieces.
- Braid the floss until you reach the end, then tie another knot to secure it.
- Trim any excess floss, then repeat steps 2-5 with the other two colors of floss.
- Attach a jump ring to each end of the braid, then attach the key ring.
Making macrame keychains is a fun and easy way to add some personality to your keys. You can use any type of cord or string you like, and the possibilities for designs are endless. We hope you enjoy this tutorial and make lots of beautiful keychains!